Wednesday 28 August 2013

Stumbling into Blogs

After spending a long time reading various blogs in the eve community i figured i would try my hand at one too. This blog is not meant to try to teach folks about various aspects of eve, but mainly to highlight my activities and maybe serve as a lesson to others.
I guess most people would call me a carebear, i have spent most of my time in eve in highsec and even though I'm interested in eve PVP i have always felt i was too poor to be able to sustain the habit.
So I'm aiming to change that, I'm looking to setup a decent amount of passive income and be able to get into more PVP.
My currently chosen income stream is trading, i have not been trading long, in fact its only been a few weeks. I'm starting slow mainly trading low value items, while i get the hang of it.
Since i only have a limited amount of play time every day, trading is all I'll be doing for now. To start trading i need to have a comfortable cushion of ISK, so i decided to start liquidating a bunch of assets i have been accumulating over the years.
Well its turns out I'm a bit of a hoarder with assets in over 30 systems in eve. Here's quick summary of what i found in my various hangars:
  • Lots of Slasher frigates from my time in RVB. these should bring in a nice profit
  • Several Rifters again from my time in RVB.
  • A various assortment of cruisers and battle cruisers from my missioning days. i might hang on to some for sentimental reasons
  • A couple of Amarr battleships from my incursion days. Will hang on to them for a quick buck now and then
  • Enough skill books to train my character all over, to bad i know all of them. i might end up selling these at a loss, but no reason to keep that ISK tied up
  • Miscellaneous mods that will either make a quick buck or go to the reprocessing plant.
This weeks goals:
  1. Move assets to market hubs
  2. Star selling/liquidating assets
  3. Create training plan to increase trading efficiency
  4. Figure out how to raise standings
  5. Start building a spreadsheet to analyse profits
Starting balance:
  • Liquid ISK - 420.000.000
  • Assets - unknown
  • Tied up in mark orders - unknown
 Current Tools:
  • Everefinery
  • EveMon
  • EveHQ
Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment